By DiAnn Mills @DiAnnMills
Here we are! January 2018! We’re probably in a happy-tired mode from all the festivities. We began with the Thanksgiving turkey and raced to New Year’s celebrations. Our bellies are full—maybe too full! Memories are sealed in our hearts that photos can never capture. The sights and sounds of the holidays are a part of our history, the events shaping and molding us into unique individuals. We’ve laughed, and maybe we’ve shed a tear. We’ve learned more about the world and hopefully ourselves.
My 2018 wish for you is to experience love.
The year 2017 was filled with victories and defeats, strengths and weaknesses, achievements and failures. Life is a journey, an opportunity to grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually into better people. We make mistakes and move on. We learn something of value and share it with others.
Perhaps you may want to look at goals for the New Year in a different light. The process begins in asking ourselves the following 10 questions:
- How do I discover God’s purpose for my life?
- How do I grow into a better person spiritually?
- How do I strive for stronger mental health?
- How do I achieve a healthier body?
- How do I discipline myself to make good choices?
- How do I view my work?
- How do I strengthen my relationship with others?
- How do I discern toxic relationships and habits?
- How do I choose to focus on constant improvement in my life?
- How do I serve my world as a productive member of society?
Perhaps you already know the answers to the above questions. If not, prayerfully explore each one to see where you might need improvement. Expect an Adventure with God.
My challenge for you and me is to begin now. How can we encourage each other?
DiAnn’s Library Corner
Librarian Tip -Ask your patrons to share their goals and expectations for 2018. Display them for all to see.